Find your passion. Keep chasing it, no matter what you’re going through. That’s the story of this week’s Wild Business Growth Podcast guest, Anthony Razzano. Anthony is the CPA, NFL Contract Advisor, and Author of Against All Odds. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, and your other favorite podcast platforms.
Episode 258: Anthony Razzano – Against All Odds, Never Give Up
Anthony Razzano, the CPA, NFL Contract Advisor, and Author of Against All Odds, joins the show to share his journey from his horrific accident at age 12 to inspiring the next generation to turn tragedy into triumph. Hear what goes through your mind when you experience life-changing trauma, how he recovered, why it’s fulfilling to help others, how to keep going when you’re struggling, and the perks of having 1 hand. This episode covers everything from inspiration to youth sports. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What happened on Halloween, 1987
- How did friends and family react when they found out what happened
- Why should you never give up
- How did Anthony get into the business advising space
- What surprised him about writing Against All Odds
- Joe Montana
- What’s Anthony’s favorite memory of coaching youth sports
- Sweet Mary Ryan
Enjoy the shoooooow! Check out the show notes below for much more detail. You can also find the full transcript here.
- Intro & Accident
- [0:30] Email me at to save time with your high-quality podcast and use it as a business-building tool
- [0:40] Connect with Anthony at AnthonyRazzano.com and check out his book
- [2:57] Thank you, Anthony!
- [3:30] What happened on Halloween, 1987
- [3:41] Pop Warner
- [3:53] Taggart Stadium
- [4:55] 3rd-Degree Burns
- [5:05] West Penn Burn Unit
- [6:29] AnthonyRazzano.com
- [6:58] CPA (Certified Public Accountant), NFL (National Football League)
- [7:16] Against All Odds by Anthony Razzano
- [7:42] What goes through your mind when you get caught on fire
- [9:45] How did friends and family react when they found out what happened
- [12:12] Shoutout, Alana!
- [12:18] Randy Branstetter – Wild Business Growth Podcast #171: The Chicken Man
- [15:03] What did Anthony’s recovery look like
- [15:52] ***TRIGGER WARNING: Skip ahead ~4 minutes if you don’t want to hear details***
- Against All Odds, Life Lessons, and Business Lessons
- [21:12] Why should you never give up
- [23:15] Finance
- [24:33] Jimmy V Speech (Jim Valvano)
- [25:30] How did Anthony get into the business advising space
- [26:11] Tony Robbins, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie, Stephen Covey
- [28:44] Why is it fulfilling to help others
- [30:50] Profit Margin
- [31:37] Bankrupt
- [32:13] How do you keep going when struggling as an entrepreneur
- [33:36] Retirement
- [34:59] Introspectivity
- [35:40] Why should you read Against All Odds
- [36:01] Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
- [37:44] Lindy Lauro
- [38:47] What surprised Anthony about writing Against All Odds
- [40:57] Psychology
- [41:09] Such an honor speaking at Podcast Movement ’23 in Denver! Sign up to grab the slides from my session at MaxPodcasting.com/PM23
- [41:12] Sign up for the Podcasting to the Max newsletter at MaxPodcasting.com/Newsletter and receive How to Edit Your Podcast in Audacity
- Rapid-Fire Q&A
- [41:44] Joe Montana
- [42:02] Tony Razzano, San Francisco 49ers
- [42:31] NFL Agents Examination, Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- [42:54] Bazinga
- [43:17] What’s Anthony’s favorite memory of coaching youth sports
- [45:23] What’s a fun fact about having 1 hand
- [46:22] Sweet Mary Ryan
- [46:28] Shoutout, Tyrek & Alex!
- [47:31] Connect with Anthony at AnthonyRazzano.com and check out his book
- [49:00] What are Anthony’s Final Thoughts
- [50:41] Follow the Wild Business Growth Podcast and tell a friend about the podcast. And show love (or roast me) by leaving 5 stars on Apple Podcasts and/or Spotify
- [50:51] Check out the Wild Business Growth Podcast on Goodpods, where you can see what your favorite people are listening to
- [50:54] Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter (aka X), and LinkedIn @MaxBranstetter
- [50:57] Save time with your high-quality podcast. Email me at to bring your podcast to life and use it as a business-building tool
- [51:02] Sign up for the Podcasting to the Max newsletter at MaxPodcasting.com/Newsletter and receive How to Edit Your Podcast in Audacity
- Theme music: Freestyle Percussion Magik – “Jungle Tribe” – provided by Jamendo
What is the Wild Business Growth Podcast?
Wild ideas. Wild growth. Every Wednesday morning a new entrepreneur joins the Wild Business Growth Podcast to share the wildly creative and unusual ways they grew their business – and teaches you how to do it, too. Hear the minds behind WordPress, Stacy’s Pita Chips, Drybar, NFL RedZone, Big Mouth Billy Bass, the voice of Bart Simpson, and more Wild stories. Hosted by Max Branstetter (that’s me), Founder and Podcast Producer at MaxPodcasting.
How do you start a podcast?
Interested in starting a professional-sounding podcast for your brand, but don’t want to deal with the time commitment of all those behind-the-scenes details? I’ve got you covered. Email me at to save time with your high-quality podcast and use it as a business-building tool.
Thanks for listening to Anthony Razzano on the Wild Business Growth Podcast. To hear more Wild stories like this one every Wednesday morning, follow the Wild Business Growth Podcast and tell a friend about it. Until next time, Let your business Run Wild…and Bring on the Bongos!!