You never know what a class project can turn into. That’s the story of this week’s Wild Business Growth Podcast guests, Tripp and Lee Phillips. Tripp and Lee are the Inventors of Le-Glue. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast platforms.
Episode 249: Tripp and Lee Phillips – Brick Binders, Inventors of Le-Glue
Tripp and Lee Phillips, the son-father duo behind Le-Glue, join the show to share their story from class project to setting records on Shark Tank. Hear how to turn your idea into a real product, think of creative marketing strategies, prepare for the biggest pitch of your life, find production efficiencies, and Tripp’s favorite LEGO creation. This episode covers everything from Le-Glue Man to Mr. Wonderful. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What got Tripp interested in inventing
- How important was it to get Le-Glue patented
- Where did the idea for Le-Glue come from
- What were the first steps in turning Le-Glue into a real product
- How did Tripp get on Shark Tank
- Who works on what with Le-Glue
- Georgia Football
- A LEGO Lamborghini
Enjoy the shoooooow! Check out the show notes below for much more detail. You can also find the full transcript here.
- Intro & Inventing
- [0:38] Email me at to save time with your high-quality podcast and use it as a business-building tool
- [0:48] Connect with Tripp and Lee at Le-Glue.com and Instagram, X, and Facebook @LeGlue4You
- The Le-Glue Story
- [6:51] LEGO, Mega Bloks, Post-it Notes
- [6:32] Gorilla Glue
- [6:46] Where did the idea for Le-Glue come from
- [7:33] Whos knows
- [7:55] What were the first steps in turning Le-Glue into a real product
- [8:09] International Torrance Legacy Creativity Awards
- [9:02] Come on, Lee!
- [9:17] Amazon
- [9:45] How many iterations of Le-Glue were there
- [10:03] 3M, DuPont
- [11:20] Who doesn’t like breaking stuff
- [11:54] How did Tripp and Lee start marketing Le-Glue
- [12:38] How did Tripp come up with the idea for Le-Glue Man
- [13:14] Social Media
- [13:28] The Lego Movie, The Lego Batman Movie
- [13:51] Lori Greiner, Kragle
- [14:21] Were Tripp and his sister Allee the youngest people to be on Shark Tank
- [14:48] How did Tripp get on Shark Tank
- [15:31] Truist Park aka SunTrust Park
- [16:39] Fortnite
- [17:10] Was Tripp nervous filming Shark Tank
- [17:57] M&M’S
- [18:23] How does Shark Tank filming compare vs. expectations
- [19:32] Kevin O’Leary aka Mr. Wonderful
- [19:52] What was going through Lee’s mind seeing his kids on Shark Tank
- [21:57] So excited to speak at Podcast Movement 2023! It’s August 21-24 in Denver. Learn more at PodcastMovement.com
- [21:58] Sign up for the Podcasting to the Max newsletter at MaxPodcasting.com/Newsletter and receive How to Edit Your Podcast in Audacity
- Inspiration & Creativity: People, Hobbies, and Resources
- Rapid-Fire Q&A
- [28:31] AT-AT, TIE Fighter
- [29:07] Alabama Golf Team, PGA (Professional Golfers’ Association)
- [29:48] Georgia Football
- [30:01] Scrub Daddy, Ring, Jamie Siminoff
- [30:27] What’s the biggest thing that’s changed for Tripp since going on Shark Tank
- [31:41] LEGO Lamborghini in Paris
- [32:46] Connect with Tripp and Lee at Le-Glue.com and Instagram, X, and Facebook @LeGlue4You
- [33:23] What are Tripp’s Final Thoughts
- [34:18] Follow the Wild Business Growth Podcast and tell a friend about the podcast. And show love (or roast me) by leaving 5 stars on Apple Podcasts and/or Spotify
- [34:36] Check out the Wild Business Growth Podcast on Goodpods, where you can see what your favorite people are listening to
- [34:38] Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter (aka X), and LinkedIn @MaxBranstetter
- [34:40] Save time with your high-quality podcast. Email me at to bring your podcast to life and use it as a business-building tool
- [34:45] Sign up for the Podcasting to the Max newsletter at MaxPodcasting.com/Newsletter and receive How to Edit Your Podcast in Audacity
- Theme music: Freestyle Percussion Magik – “Jungle Tribe” – provided by Jamendo
What is the Wild Business Growth Podcast?
Wild ideas. Wild growth. Every Wednesday morning a new entrepreneur joins the Wild Business Growth Podcast to share the wildly creative and unusual ways they grew their business – and teaches you how to do it, too. Hear the minds behind WordPress, Stacy’s Pita Chips, Drybar, the voice of Bart Simpson, and more wild stories. Hosted by Max Branstetter (that’s me), Founder and Podcast Producer at MaxPodcasting.
How do you start a podcast?
Interested in starting a professional-sounding podcast for your brand, but don’t want to deal with the time commitment of all those behind-the-scenes details? I’ve got you covered. Email me at to save time with your high-quality podcast and use it as a business-building tool.
Thanks for listening to Tripp and Lee Phillips on the Wild Business Growth Podcast. To hear more Wild stories like this one every Wednesday morning, follow the Wild Business Growth Podcast and tell a friend about it. And be the Le-Glue guys of whatever team you’re on. Until next time, Let your business Run Wild…and Bring on the Bongos!!